- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Chicken and Dressing Recipe
|Corn bread crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Melted margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooked hen||6 Pound, sliced|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1743 Calories from Fat 942
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g160.9%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 361.3 mg
Sodium 1904.7 mg79.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 126 g252.5%
Vitamin A 55.4% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 50.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine together the corn bread crumbs, celery, onion, ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper and ½ cup of margarine. Mix well.
3) Place mixture in a casserole and place hen on the top.
4) In a saucepan, mix all remaining margarine and flour. Add remaining salt, pepper to taste, broth and milk. Cook, stirring the mixture constantly, till it has thickened.
5) Pour the mixture over the hen.
6) Place casserole in the oven at bake for about 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
7) Serve hot.