- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Cheese Pie Recipe
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 295 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 465 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 13.5%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300Â°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the crumbs with the margarine.
3) Press 3/4th of the mixture into the bottom and to the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Save the remaining crumbs to sprinkle on top of the pie, if a fruit topping is not used.
4) Now, in a blender or a mixing bowl, beat the cottage cheese until creamy.
5) Add the melted margarine.
6) Gradually add the eggs, sugar and skim milk beating well constantly.
7) Add all the remaining ingredients, beating until smooth.
8) Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust.
9) Sprinkle the remaining crumbs on top of the cake.
10) Bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until set.
11) Cool for several hours before cutting and serving.