- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheddar Scallion Biscuits Recipe Video
|Flour||6 Ounce (1.25 cups)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, cubed|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, grated|
|Scallion||2 , chopped|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.3 mg
Sodium 336.2 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need2-inch cookie cutter
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Grease a sheet pan with butter and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
4. Add the cubed butter, and using your fingertips break down the butter and mix until crumbly.
5. Stir in the cheddar and scallions.
6. Make a well in the center, pour buttermilk, and fold just to combine.
7. Sprinkle flour on the counter top and dump the dough out onto it. Gently pat it out into a circle or rectangle, and use a biscuit cutter to cut out little biscuits.
8. Place them on sheet pan and pop it in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot with tea and enjoy!