- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Caramel Good Stuff Recipe
|Walnut pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry roasted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg
Sodium 80 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 300°.
2) Take a large bowl and mix in the first 4 ingredients before keeping it aside.
3) Take a medium sized saucepan and melt butter in it.
4) Add corn syrup, salt and brown sugar in it.
5) Stir the mixture all the time while bringing it to a boil.
6) Let it boil for another 5 minutes undisturbed.
7) Add the soda and vanilla after removing the pan from heat.
8) Take a jelly roll pan of dimensions 15- x 10- x 1 inches and spoon the mixture into it after buttering it.
9) Bake it by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
10) Stir the mixture thoroughly and bake for 15 minutes more.
11) Let the mixture cool in the pan.
12) Take an air tight container and store it after dividing it into small pieces.