- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Buffalo Wings - They Just Might Become Your Fav Recipe Video
|Celery stalks||2 Medium|
|Seasoning salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Earth balance spread||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Franks)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||3 Dash|
|Dried parsley/Celery flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Cajun seasoning||2 Dash|
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 111.2 mg
Sodium 3227.5 mg134.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 44 g88.8%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 25.2%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 31.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To a large pot add chicken wings, onion slices, celery, seasoning salt, and red pepper flakes.
2. Fill the pot with just enough water to cover the ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for around 12 minutes (Chicken will not be fully cooked).
4. Remove the chicken from the water and dry it off completely (get it as dry as you can).
5. Grease a baking rack generously with cooking spray and place chicken on the rack.
6. Broil on low for around 12 minutes.
7. Flip the chicken and broil for another 10 minutes or until chicken is done and crisp.
8. SAUCE: In a saucepan melt the earth balance.
9. Add the hot sauce, garlic powder, parsley, black pepper and Cajun seasoning.
10. Stir until heated (do not boil) and remove from heat.
11. Toss chicken in the hot sauce mixture till fully coated.
12. In a serving plate, plate and serve the chicken with celery stick, carrots, blue cheese dressing and ranch dressing.