- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Brie With Cranberry Chutney Recipe
|Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Fresh Or Dried)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water/Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice/Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced crystallized ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Brie cheese round||8 Ounce|
|Toasted sliced almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced toasted almonds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.8%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.8 mg
Sodium 486.3 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 8% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In slow cooker cook together cranberries, brown sugar, vinegar, water or juice, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves with cover on Low for 4 hours.
3. Check for thickening consistency by stirring once near the end of the cooker.
4. If not thickened, remove top, turn heat to High and cook for 30 minutes without lid.
5. In a covered container put cranberry chutney and chill for up to 2 weeks.
6. To serve, bring to room temperature.
7. Using vegetable oil brush ovenproof plate, place unpeeled Brie on plate and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 9 minutes, such that the cheese is soft and partially melted.
8. Remove from oven and top with at least half the chutney and garnish with almonds.
9. Serve with crackers.