- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Breakfast Sandwich Recipe Video
|Baguette||1 Large (15 inches)|
|Whole milk||3 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Prosciutto slice||2 Ounce (4 slices thinly sliced)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, finely grated|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 279 mg
Sodium 914.5 mg38.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.26 g1%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 22 g43.5%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
2. Using a serrated knife cut the top off the baguette.
3. With fingers pull the inside of the baguette to hollow out the bottom, discard the inside of breed.
4. Cut the baguette top in cubes.
5. Line a sheet pan with aluminium foil.
6. In a bowl put together eggs, milk, lemon, zest, parsley, bread cubes and Parmesan, and mix well.
7. Place hollowed out baguette on sheet pan and line the inside of bread with the prosciutto.
8. Pour the egg mixture into the baguette.
9. Place the baguette in the oven, and bake for 35 minutes, until the egg mixture sets and browns on top.
10. Remove it from the oven and allow to cool.
11. Slice the stuffed baguette in 2 inch pieces and serve.