- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Coffee Ice-Cream with Meringue Recipe Video
|Cookies||4 Large (plain sugar)|
|Ice cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (coffee flavor)|
|Egg whites||4 Medium|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||4 Pinch|
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.2 mg
Sodium 185.3 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.4%
Sugars 53.5 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0.75%
Calcium 7% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a plain cookie. Scoop the coffee ice cream generously on top of it to the center. Leave the edges free.
2. Using clean fingers shape the ice cream to neat mounts.
3. Place it on a baking sheet and in the freezer for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
5. In a large bowl, beat the egg white till it forms stiff peaks.
6. Just before it is done, slowly add sugar while continuing to beat till it hold the shape.
7. Take the cookies with ice cream from the freezer.
8. Coat them generously with the meringue mix to form large mounts leaving no gaps around the cookies.
9. Place it back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
10. Take it out of the freezer and bake for 5 minutes or till the egg whites turn light brown. Remove from oven.
11. In a serving plate, serve the dessert sprinkled with cocoa powder on top.