- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Bananas with Bacon Recipe
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Maple flavored syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.6 mg
Sodium 67.4 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 20.3 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 23.6%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel bananas; score each banana lengthwise with fork.
3. Arrange bananas in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Pour over maple syrup; dot with butter.
4. Bake, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes, or until bananas are tender but still hold their shape.
5. Meanwhile, saute bacon until crisp. Drain well on paper towels.
6. To serve: Arrange bananas on large platter; pour over syrup. Arrange bacon slices between bananas. Garnish with lime wedges.