- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Bananas Recipe
|Unsalted butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Muscovado sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark rum||2 Tablespoon|
|Star anise||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce, chopped (25 Gram)|
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.9 mg
Sodium 1.9 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4 before baking.
2) Whip sugar and softened butter until it becomes pale and creamy.
3) Mix in rum and lime juice, beating well.
4) Stir in spices.
5) In an ovenproof dish, arrange the peeled bananas side by side and apply the butter mixture uniformly over them.
6) Bake for 10-15 minutes in preheated oven until bubbling.
7) Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve with fresh cream.