- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Fruit Now - Balsamic Pork with Grapes Recipe Video
|Pork shoulder||3 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black grapes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For herb bouquet|
|Fresh rosemary||10 Gram|
Calories 591 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g53%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.1%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 143 mg
Sodium 314.8 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 43 g85.6%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Make herb bouquet by tying rosemary, thyme and sage together. Set aside.
3. In a Dutch oven, pour in the olive oil and place pork, sauté for 10 minutes.
4. Take out the pork and place in a plate. Into the same Dutch oven, add in the shallots and black grapes. Cook for several minutes, until shallots are golden and grapes are softened.
5. Add in the sugar and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the balsamic vinegar and let it slightly reduce.
6. Stir in the pork back to the pan along with the juices.
7. Pour in the chicken stock and place the herb bouquet. Bring to a boil and cover the pan.
8. Turn off the stove and place the pan into the oven, braise for 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
9. Take out the pan from the oven and season with salt and pepper.
10. Plate the pork with oven roasted potatoes and garnish with fresh rosemary. Serve and enjoy!