- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Avocado Crab Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (1 Tablespoon / 15 Gram)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Hot milk||6 Fluid Ounce (3/4 Cup / 115 Milliliter)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||5 Gram (1 Teaspoon)|
|Tomato puree||5 Gram (1 Teaspoon, Paste)|
|Crabmeat||1 Ounce, flaked (200 Gram, Canned / Frozen)|
|Ripe avocado pears||2|
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 76.2 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven.
1) In a skillet melt butter in simmering heat.
2) Add flour to butter and cook stirring continuously to avoid it from turning brown.
3) Stir in hot milk and cook for 4 minutes. Let the sauce simmer till flour is cooked.
4) Take sauce off the heat. Add Parmesan, tomato puree and crabmeat to it. Adjust seasoning as per your taste.
5) Dissect the avocados and remove the seeds.
6) From each half avocado, take out around 10 g / 2 tsp pulp. Mash the flesh to a smooth paste and mix it with crab sauce prepared before.
7) Pile the mixture into the avocado halves.
8) Arrange the avocado halves in a baking tray. Bake for almost 20 minutes till they begin to turn brown.
7) Serve hot immediately after cooking.