- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Apples With Assorted Fillings Recipe
|Apples||6 Large (Cored But Not Through The Bottom)|
|Brown sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 222 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.38 g0.58%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.31%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.4 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 50.5 g
Protein 0.8 g1.6%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Fill each apple equally with raisins and brown sugar.
2) Place the apples in the slow cooker, not touching the sides of cooker to avoid burning.
3) Stack the apple if needed.
4) Stream the water gently around the apples if using.
5) Put the lid and simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
6) Using a perforated ladle remove the apple from cooker and place on individual serving plate.
7) Spoon the cooking water around each apple if using.
8) Drizzle honey over each apple and top with whipped cream, if desired serve warm or cold.