- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Apples Recipe
|Cooking apples||4 Large|
|Golden syrup||4 Teaspoon|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 15.2 mg5.1%
Sodium 26.1 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 27.5 g
Protein 0.71 g1.4%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Preheat oven to Regulo 4, or 350°F.
2. Using a damp cloth wipe apples and then core them. Using a small knife, lightly score round the centre of the apple, so that the skin does not split during cooking.
3. Take a heatproof dish or tin and keep apples in them.
4. Stuff each core with 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon syrup, and a small piece of butter (or with washed, dried fruit).
5. Pour in cold water so that it fills about 1/8 inches of the baking dish.
6. Bake half way down the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes, until apples are soft when tested with a skewer.
7. Upon a heated dish, keep the baked apples. Remove top half of skin if liked.
8. Gently spoon the syrup over the apples. Serve hot with custard or cream.