- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Apples Recipe
|Baking apples||4 (1 1/2 Pounds)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||3 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Teaspoon, divided|
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 5.9 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 36 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 8 x 8-inch baking dish, and arrange the apples.
2. In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, raisins, almonds and cinnamon.
3. Fill the centers of the apples with the mixture.
4. Dot 1 teaspoon butter on each apple.
5. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and punch holes for air.
6. In the microwave, cook for 7 to 13 minutes at Power 8 or Medium-High, until the apples are soft.
8. Let it stand, completely covered for at least 3 to 5 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream.