- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Apple Delight Recipe
|For prune currant sauce|
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pitted prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking apples||4 Large|
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.2 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g29%
Sugars 54.9 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
2) Core apples and peel tops about 1 inch.
3) In a saucepan, prepare the Prune-Currant Sauce by blending cornstarch with apple juice.
4) Add remaining ingredients and place over medium heat to cook, by constant stirring until sauce thickens.
5) Use a shallow baking dish, to prepare Baked Apple Delight. Arrange the apples on the baking dish.
6) Fill the cavity with Prune-Currant Sauce and store the remaining sauce.
7) Place inside oven to bake for about 60 minutes, until apples are tender.
8) Heat remaining sauce to spoon additional sauce over baked apples. Serve warm.