- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baja Beef N Beans Recipe
|Boneless beef round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Beef bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Bottled)|
|Canned beans||16 Ounce, drained (Red Or Kidney, 1 Can)|
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 69.2 mg
Sodium 943.4 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 31 g62.7%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut off and discard all the fat from the beef.
2) In a bowl, mix the garlic, pepper, salt, chili powder and mustard; coat the beef with the mixture and slice into 1/2" wide strips.
3) In a slow cooker, place the beef strips, stir in the onion, bouillon granules and salsa; cook covered on LOW for about 7 1/2- 8 hrs.
4) Stir in the beans; cook covered on HIGH for about 30 min.
5) Serve immediately on a nice dish.