- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bahia Butternut Mash Recipe
|Butternut squash||2 Pound, seeded, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks|
|Carrots||6 Medium, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
Calories 111 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 113.1 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 526.5% Vitamin C 59%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large heavy pot, place squash and carrots; cover with salted water.
2. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce the heat.
3. Simmer uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes until tender.
4. Drain well.
5. In a mixing bowl, place the drained squash and carrots.
6. Add butter and ginger.
7. Using a knife coarsely mash the vegetables with a fork.
8. Season generously with salt and pepper.
9. Serve piping hot.