- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kalbi Steak Recipe Video
|Beef short rib||4 Pound (4 pieces, flanken-style 1-2 inches thick)|
|Hyang sin jeup juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cheongju rice wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 2112 Calories from Fat 1649
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 183 g281.8%
Saturated Fat 74.2 g370.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.7 mg
Sodium 1519.8 mg63.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.7%
Sugars 37.3 g
Protein 67 g134.3%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 41.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove as much fat from the cuts and score them with a knife to prevent them from curling while cooking.
2. Rinse the ribs in cold water to remove all traces of blood from the meat.
3. Dunk the ribs for 2-3 minutes in a pot full of boiling water. Pull out the ribs and allow them to cool for sometime before putting them in a marinade bowl.
4. Grate the radish, pear, garlic, and ginger and strain in fine cheesecloth to make hyang sin jeup juice.
5. In a bowl, mix together hyang sin jeup juice, soy sauce, mirin, cheongju rice wine, sugar, sesame oil, and pepper to prepare the marinade.
6. Marinade the ribs for one whole day until you are ready to grill or boil them.
7. Place the ribs on your barbecue grill or on your oven broiler.
8. Grill or broil them at 155 degrees Fahrenheit or 68 degrees Celsius for about 45 minutes to an hour to get them medium well.
9. Serve with your favorite dip.