- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Badi ki Jholi Recipe
|Badi||10 Medium (Badis are a type of dried balls made of urad dal and grated cucumber. They are available in specialty food stores.)|
|Wheat flour/Gram flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curd||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red chilies||2 Medium|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Jambu||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Jambu is an aromatic herb found in higher altitudes in the Himalayas.)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 898 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg
Sodium 547.3 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.3%
Dietary Fiber 28.8 g115.2%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 42 g83.2%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 103.1%
Calcium 86.6% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oil in a kadai. Deep fry badis till golden brown, and keep aside.
2. Then add jambu and whole red chilies in a small quantity of oil and allow to fry.
3. Add wheat flour and fry for a few minutes, till the flour turns reddish and emits distinct aroma.
4. Now add water, stirring along, so that no lumps are formed.
5. Add all spices (turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder) and salt.
6. When the contents begin to boil, lower the flame and add fried badis.
7. Cook by simmering till badis soften.
8. Finally add yogurt and simmer for a few more minutes.