- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast with Truffle Butter Infusion Recipe Video
|Softened butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White truffle oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Truffle salt||1 Teaspoon (1/4 +1 teaspoon)|
|Herbes de provence||1 Teaspoon|
|Turkey breast||3 Pound (boneless turkey breast roast)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bacon slices||8 (smoked applewood bacon)|
|Knorr turkey gravy mix||100 Gram (1 package)|
|Sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1092 Calories from Fat 643
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g111.6%
Saturated Fat 36.4 g181.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 346.6 mg115.5%
Sodium 2253 mg93.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.5%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 76 g152.2%
Vitamin A 28.8% Vitamin C 0.38%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, add truffle oil and butter. Sprinkle salt, and mix it well.
3. On a saran wrap, spoon butter mixture. Wrap it tightly to form into a log. Place it in freezer until firm.
4. With a sharp knife make slits on the turkey breast.
5. Cut ½-inch thick five slices from the frozen butter log. Then again cut each slice into 4 equal parts leaving out one. Wrap the remaining butter with plastic and keep it in refrigerator for later use.
6. Now, add butter cubes into the slit as shown in the video.
7. Apply a slice of butter on the turkey breast.
8. In a bowl, combine 1 teaspoon truffle salt, herbes de provence, and garlic powder. Blend.
9. Rub the mixture generously over turkey.
10. On a tray, lay bacon slices, place turkey seam side down on it.
11. Wrap turkey with bacon as shown in the video.
12. In a shallow roasting pan, place turkey and pop it in the oven, and roast for about 2 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degree for medium rare and 190 for well done.
13. Remove it from heat, tent, and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
14. In the meantime for gravy, remove 1 teaspoon of fat from the roasting pan.
15. In the remaining fat, pour in the gravy mixture. Scrape off brown bits and mix it well.
16. Pour water and sherry in it. Turn the heat to medium and whisk until thickened.
17. Slice roast , drizzle pan gravy over it, and serve it hot with mashed potatoes.
You can keep truffle butter in refrigerator for about 2-3 months.