- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Wrapped Chestnuts Recipe Video
|Water chestnuts||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Bacon||1 Pound (thick cut)|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 805.3 mg33.6%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 1%
Calcium Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. Rinse, and drain chestnut thoroughly. Slice it into half.
3. In a bowl combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Mix well.
4. Drop chestnuts into the bowl. Mix to coat well, and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
5. Cut bacon slices into third. Wrap each piece of chestnut with a bacon slice. Secure with a toothpick.
6. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil, and place wrapped chestnuts on it.
7. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar evenly on top, and pop it in oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve bacon wrapped chestnuts hot.