- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Topped Skillet Slaw Recipe
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs) (1/2 Medium Head)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg
Sodium 2126.9 mg88.6%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 205.9%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, then drain on paper towels and crumble.
3) In the same skillet with the drippings, add the vinegar, onion, sugar and salt.
4) Stir in the bacon, heat thoroughly and turn off the heat.
5) Add the parsely and shredded cabbage and toss gently to coat.
6) Spoon on a serving platter and serve immediately.