- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
|Field mushrooms||10 Ounce, rinsed, dried, stalks removed (4 Large Sized, 300 Gram)|
|Dry vermouth||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely chopped parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lean bacon rashers||100 Gram, unsmoked, trimmed of rind and all fat|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 434.3 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 50.6% Vitamin C 72.9%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a shallow dish arrange the mushroom caps upside down in a single layer.
2) Sprinkle dry vermouth and parsley over it.
3) Cover the mushroom caps with plastic film.
4) Cut bacon into small strips.
5) Prepare the stuffing in a bowl, add bacon and crushed garlic. Add olive oil and mix.
6) Microwave on high for 1 minute until bacon softens.
7) Add breadcrumbs and pepper into the bacon mixture.
8) Microwave the mixture on high for about 1 minute.
9) Cover with plastic film and keep warm.
10) Loosely cover the mushrooms and microwave on high for 3 minutes until tender.
11) Take off the plastic film, spread bacon stuffing on top of mushroom caps and microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
12) Serve stuffed mushrooms immediately.