- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
|Potatoes||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Pepper white||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.5 mg
Sodium 703.3 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.8%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 50.2%
Calcium 28% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Between layers of paper towels set the bacon and place on roasting rack.
2. Microwave at Power Hi for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until just crisp, let it cool and thereafter crumble.
3. Take an 8-inch glass dish and evenly layer potatoes and bacon.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F.
6. Pour half and half over potatoes.
7. Sprinkle chedder cheese over potatoes and spot with butter.
8. Cover with lid and let it cook at Combination 3 for 20 to 25 minutes or they turn bubbly and potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
9. Let it stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.