- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Potato Soup And Pan Seared Fish Recipe Video
|For the soup:|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, thickly cut pieces|
|Shallots||2 Medium, chop|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), mince|
|Black pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yukon gold potatoes||2 Pound, chop|
|Chicken stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Creme fraiche||8 Ounce|
|For skate wings|
|Skate wings||200 Gram|
|Lemon zest||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Caper juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1522 Calories from Fat 667
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.2%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.3 mg
Sodium 2489.1 mg103.7%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.4%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.1%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 83 g166.5%
Vitamin A 95.1% Vitamin C 78%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 59.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the soup, use the lower stem portion. Reserve the upper portion for some other use.
2. Thoroughly rinse the leek to wash away the dirt and sand.
3. Chop the leek finely and place in a bowl.
4. Finely chop the shallots and garlic and add on top of the chopped leek.
5. Season the asparagus with lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Keep them aside.
6. Season the skate wings by sprinkling salt and pepper.
7. In a deep vessel, fry the bacon pieces to crisp and drain the extra oil by placing them on paper towel.
8. In the remaining bacon fat, add the vegetables.
9. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for few minutes.
10. Add potato to the vessel and pour in chicken stock.
11. Cover the vessel with a lid and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
12. In a food processor, pour in the simmering soup and blend it to a nice consistency.
13. Transfer the soup back into the vessel and add the bacon pieces.
14. Stir in cream and season the soup with salt, if required.
15. To prepare the asparagus, bake them inside the oven at 400C for 8 minutes.
16. To prepare the skate wings, take a pan to heat olive oil and butter, together.
17. Place the skate wings, by keeping the marinated portion upside down.
18. Season the top side with salt and pepper.
19. Add caper and pour in caper juice on top.
20. Turn over the wings, once the bottom portion is opaque. Cook the other side in similar way.
21. Squeeze a splash of lemon juice on top of the wings.
21. In a platter, serve the skate wing with baked asparagus and potato leek soup on side, with your choice of wine.