- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Pea and Basil Macaroni Recipe
|Streaky bacon rashers||6 , chopped|
|Leeks||2 , finely sliced into rings|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen peas||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Macaroni||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Soft cheese||200 Gram|
|Mature cheddar||3 Ounce, grated (85 Gram)|
|English mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Basil||1⁄2 Ounce, shredded (Small Bunch)|
Calories 1560 Calories from Fat 497
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.4%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 608.2 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g62%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.6%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 74 g147.4%
Vitamin A 117.3% Vitamin C 59.4%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 75.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the oil fry the bacon and leeks for 10 minutes until the bacon is golden and the leeks soft.
2. Add in the peas and heat through.
3. In the meantime, let the pasta boil thereafter heat the grill to high.
4. Drain the pasta collecting 150ml of its cooking water.
5. Thereafter add it along with the soft cheese, half the grated cheese and the mustard to the pan with the vegetables and bacon.
6. Mix such that the cheese melts into a creamy sauce.
7. Mix in most of the basil and the pasta and scatter with the rest of the cheese.
8. Let it grill for 2-3 minutes such that the cheese melts.
9. Serve in deep dish plates with the basil leaved scattered on top.