- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Pasta Salad Recipe
|Short macaroni||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Lean streaky bacon||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|French dressing||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.7 mg
Sodium 554.1 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 44% Vitamin C 66.1%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the macaroni and stir. Return to the boil and cook for 12-15 minutes until just tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Prepare and chop the onion.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook gently.
5. Meanwhile, remove the rind from the bacon and cut into pieces, add to the onion and cook for about 10 minutes, until the bacon is beginning to become crisp.
6. Drain the cooked macaroni, rinse in warm water to remove excess starch.
7. Place in a mixing bowl.
8. Drain the onion and bacon on kitchen paper and add to the macaroni.
9. Remove the skins from the tomatoes, cut into quarters and remove seeds.
10. Add the tomatoes to the macaroni.
11. Mix the French dressing and garlic together and pour over the salad.
12. Toss lightly and turn into a salad bowl. Garnish with chopped parsley.
13. Serve with a green salad and warm rolls.