- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Macaroni Bake Recipe
|Elbow macaroni||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sharp processed american cheese||4 Ounce, grated to make 1 cup|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.1 mg
Sodium 725.4 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a pan, cook the macaroni as per package directions; drain.
3) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, then drain and reserve 2 tablespoons drippings.
4) Crumble the bacon and keep aside.
5) In the same skillet, saute the onion in bacon drippings, until tender.
6) In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, bacon, onion, cheese, tomato soup, and milk together.
7) In a 2-quart casserole, turn the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
8) Serve the Bacon Macaroni Bake immediately.