- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Flavored Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich Recipe
|Unsalted mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yeast||1 Tablespoon (Bacon)|
|Low sodium whole wheat bread slice||4 , toasted|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground (As Desired)|
|Lettuce leaves||4 Large|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (As Desired, For Garnish)|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 11.4 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 26.3% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise and Bakon yeast.
2) On each slice of toast, evenly spread 1 tablespoon of this mixture.
3) On the toast slices, arrange all except 4 tomato slices evenly.
4) On each, lightly sprinkle pepper.
5) On top of each sandwich, place a lettuce leaf.
6) With the reserved tomato slices, top the sandwiches.
7) Place each sandwich on a plate and serve fresh, garnished with parsley sprigs.