- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Corn Chowder Recipe
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Cream style corn||1 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1015 Calories from Fat 508
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89%
Saturated Fat 27 g135.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.4 mg
Sodium 2019.9 mg84.2%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 63.1 g
Protein 49 g98.5%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C 45.3%
Calcium 112.3% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, fry the bacon and dice with 1 large onion, chopped.
2) Add minced celery to the saucepan and sauté for 2 more minutes.
3) Pour in 2 cans of cream style com, milk and thyme and stir well.
4) Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Place over heat and cook till the chowder starts to bubble, by continuous stirring.
6) Garnish with bacon curls and chopped parsley, before serving.