- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon & Cheese Fritters Recipe Video
|Mozzarella||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (preferably smoked)|
|Bacon slices||8 , crisped and crushed|
|Italian bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Panko bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
|For egg wash|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Cream/Whole milk||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.3 mg
Sodium 156.4 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.56%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.7% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl combine the mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs.
2. Grate in the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
3. Crack in an egg and add the crumbled bacon bits.
4. Roll a spoonful or so of your mixture into a ball.
5. Dip your ball into your egg-wash and roll into your panko.
6. Chill all your prepared fritters in the fridge for at least 30 min.
7. Fry in batches (the oil should be at 360 or so--a fry thermometer helps).
8. Retrieve your Fritters when they've reached a deep, golden brown.
9. Serve right away.
Remember not to overcrowd the oil while frying the fritters and to leave at least 2 inches or so on top in your heavy bottomed pan.
If you'd like a flavored oil, plunge a stalk of fresh Rosemary into your Oil first for a few minutes.
Great "frying oils" are ones with high smoke points= Safflower, Peanut, Canola, Veggie, etc. Remember that Extra Virgin Olive Oil should never be used for frying.