- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon And Tomato Soup Recipe
|Bacon slices||4 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Bacon slices||4 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Tomato paste||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream/Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.5 mg
Sodium 1137.2 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 11 g22.4%
Vitamin A 126% Vitamin C 172.5%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 39.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large microwaveable casserole, place the bacon.
2. Cover the bacon with white paper towels and place in the microwave.
3. In the microwave, cook the bacon on 100 per cent power or High for 3 to 5 minutes, till the bacon is crisp and the fat comes out.
4. Take the casserole out of the microwave and remove the bacon with a slotted spoon.
5. Keep about 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat in the casserole.
6. Keep the bacon aside for later.
7. In the same casserole, add the onion and garlic to the bacon fat and mix well together.
8. Cover the casserole and place it back in the microwave.
9. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 1 to 2 minutes, till the onion is tender.
10. Take the casserole out of the microwave and add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, thyme, and pepper.
11. Mix everything well together.
12. Cover the casserole and place it back in the microwave.
13. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 3 to 5 minutes more, till the tomatoes are soft
14. Take the casserole out and pour the mixture in a blender or mixer bowl.
15. Place the bowl on a blender or food processor and blend the mixture till it forms a smooth paste.
16. Take the casserole and pour the tomato mixture back into it.
17. Now add the chicken broth and mix well.
18. Cover the casserole and place it back in the microwave.
19. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 3 to 5 minutes, till it is heated through. stirring once in between.
20. Take the casserole out of the microwave, add bacon and mix well.
21. Serve hot, topped with sour cream or yogurt.