- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon and Mushroom Frittata Recipe Video
|Fresh eggs||5 Large|
|Streaky bacon||50 Gram|
|Parmesan cheese||50 Gram|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Flat-leaf parsley||10 Gram|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.7 mg93.9%
Sodium 1261.1 mg52.5%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g1.9%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut off any rind from the bacon and cut into thin strips.
2. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
3. Chop the parsley.
4. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and finely slice.
5. Grate the Parmesan cheese.
6. Break the eggs into a tea cup, then transfer into a larger bowl, removing any unwanted shell.
7. Season with salt and pepper and beat the eggs with a fork or whisk.
8. Add the freshly grated nutmeg (enough to taste), the chopped parsley and grated parmesan to the egg mixture.
9. Pre-heat the grill to medium.
10. Heat the frying pan over a medium heat, add the olive oil and the chopped garlic.
11. Stir-fry for a few minutes, add the strips of bacon and sliced mushrooms and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
12. Turn the heat down to low and pour in the egg mixture.
13. Swirl the mixture round the pan a little to ensure that it lays evenly.
14. Move the pieces for bacon and mushrooms with a wooden spoon to ensure they are evenly distributed throughout the frittata.
15. Leave the bacon and mushroom frittata to cook gently for 4-5 minutes such that the top is still runny at this stage.
16. Slide the pan under the grill and leave until the top of the frittata turns golden brown.
17. Remove from the grill and slide the frittata from the pan onto a clean board.
18. Cut the bacon and mushroom frittata into even wedge shapes and serve on warmed plates.
19. Serve the bacon and mushroom frittata with a crispy salad and a few new potatoes.