- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon and Liver Appetizers Recipe
|Chicken livers||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hard cooked eggs||2|
|Chopped chives/Finely grated onion||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bacon slices||8 , cut in half|
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 279.5 mg
Sodium 226 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 0.55 g0.18%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.3%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 11 g22.9%
Vitamin A 96.6% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) In a pan with the salted water, cook the chicken livers for 5-8 minutes until done.
3) Through a fine sieve or a food mill, rub the hard-cooked eggs and chicken livers.
4) Blend well, combine with rest of the ingredients except the bacon and place in the refrigerator.
5) Nicely spread the mixture over the bacon strips, roll and secure with the wooden picks.
6) Place the rolls under a preheated broiler until the bacon is crisp.
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate.