- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon And Egg Rice Recipe
|Back bacon rashers||4|
|Cooked rice||4 Ounce (Leftover)|
|Hard boiled eggs||2|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.8%
Saturated Fat 22.3 g111.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 326.6 mg
Sodium 553.4 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 31 g62.2%
Vitamin A 39.4% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 51.9% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim the excess fat from bacon rashers and fry until crisp.
2. Crumble thickly and add cooked rice and sliced hard-boiled egg. Keep aside and start making the sauce.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour. Cook for 1 minute and slowly add milk. Stir well to get a smooth sauce.
4. Bring it to boil and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cheese and season well.
5. Fold in the bacon, sliced egg and cooked rice. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
6. Top the dish with chopped parsley and serve with hot buttered toast.