- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon and Egg Pie Recipe
|Sunflower oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Smoked bacon rashers||4 , cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (Strips)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh parsley||25 Milliliter (1 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Milk||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (To Glaze)|
|All purpose flour||12 Ounce (Plain, 350 Gram, 3 Cups)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, diced (115 Gram, 1/2 Cup)|
|Lard/White vegetable fat||2 Ounce (50 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
|Chilled water||90 Milliliter (6 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3427 Calories from Fat 1892
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 213 g327.8%
Saturated Fat 95.6 g477.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1355.4 mg
Sodium 788.4 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 275 g91.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.5%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 99 g198%
Vitamin A 123.3% Vitamin C 70.9%
Calcium 28.2% Iron 124.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Butter a deep 20cm/8in flan tin (quiche pan). Roll out two-thirds of the pastry and use to line the flan tin. Cover the pastry case. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Heat the oil in a pan, add the bacon and cook for a few minutes, then add the onion and cook until soft. Drain on kitchen paper and leave to cool.
4. Cover the base of the pastry case with the bacon mixture, spreading it evenly, then break the eggs on to the bacon, spacing them evenly apart. Carefully tilt the flan tin so the egg whites flow together. Sprinkle the eggs with the chopped parsley, a little salt and plenty of black pepper. Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat.
5. Roll out the remaining pastry, dampen the edges and place over the pie. Roll over the top with a rolling pin to seal the edge and remove the excess pastry. With a sharp knife, carefully cut curved lines from the centre of the lid to within 2cm/3/4in of the edge. Lightly brush the pie with the milk to glaze.
6. Place the pie on the hot baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and bake for a further 20 minutes. Leave to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.