- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Brown Sugar Candy Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe Video
|Baby carrot||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 81.3 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 0.73 g1.5%
Vitamin A 287.2% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small pan, place canned baby carrots (along with the liquid) and bring to a boil over low heat.
2. Meanwhile, for glaze, in a small saucepan, melt butter and add cornstarch to it. Mix well.
3. Add brown sugar and water. Place the pan on low flame, stir constantly and cook until the sauce is thickened and brown.
4. Drain the carrots and place it in a serving bowl.
5. Pour hot sauce on top and mix well or serve carrots along with sauce on side.