- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baby Broilers With Rice Pineapple Stuffing Recipe
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple rings||1 , drained|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Broiled chickens||2 (baby)|
|Onion||1 , finely sliced|
|Carrot||1 , finely sliced|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple rings||3 (To Garnish)|
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.1 mg
Sodium 221.4 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 4 g8.9%
Vitamin A 65.7% Vitamin C 42.3%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Finely chop celery heart, pineapple ring and onion, and combine with rice.
3. Add parsley, and season to taste.
4. Fill the birds with this stuffing, and close openings with small poultry skewers.
5. Over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a roasting pan which will hold the birds.
6. Add the sliced onion and carrot, and fry until lightly browned.
7. Add the birds to the pan and brown them all over, turning them over and over.
8. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F.
9. When the birds are well gilded, add the stock to the pan and cover it with greased foil; do not let the foil touch the birds but make sure the foil is secured to the tin.
10. Transfer to the oven and cook the birds for 30 to 40 minutes until the leg joints move easily.
11. Pour all the pan juices out of the roasting pan into a saucepan.
12. Pour the brandy over the birds and light it.
13. Transfer them to a warmed serving dish. Keep warm.
14. Cut the 3 pineapple rings in half. Brush with remaining tablespoon of butter, and broil gently for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
15. Simmer down the pan juices to the flavor you want.
16. Serve the birds garnished with halved pineapple rings, and pass the pan-juice gravy in a sauce boat.