- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baby Back Rib with Asian BBQ Sauce Recipe Video
|Baby back ribs||4 Pound|
|For dry rub|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Sake wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the asian bbq sauce|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, smashed|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), smashed|
|Apple||1⁄3 Medium, smashed|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple jelly||2 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Dash|
|For the jasmine rice|
|Jasmine rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chive||50 Gram, finely chopped|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For the peach salsa|
|Peach||3 , diced into small cubes|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , peeled and diced into small cubes|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, cut inti small dices|
|Shallot/Red onions||1 , cut inti small dices|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
Calories 1019 Calories from Fat 406
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.8%
Saturated Fat 16 g80%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173 mg
Sodium 2595.8 mg108.2%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 54 g107.1%
Vitamin A 39% Vitamin C 75.1%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the baby back ribs on it.
2. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. For the dry rub: In a bowl, mix garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt.
4. Smear the baby back rib with the dry rub well on both sides.
5. Pour the sake on the baking sheet and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 2 hours.
7. After 2 hours, throw the baby back ribs on to a preheated grill.
8. Baste with the Asian BBQ sauce (recipe given below) and grill till it looks charred and done on either sides. Plate and set aside.
9. For the Asian BBQ sauce: Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and pour in the oil.
10. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, apple and lightly sauté it.
11. Season with salt and add the apple juice and apple jelly.
12. Pour in the hoisin sauce, gochujang, ketchup, mirin and smoked paprika.
13. Cover and bring to a boil.
14. When it is boiling, remove the lid and let it simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
15. Pour in the apple cider vinegar and simmer for a minute.
16. Remove from heat and let it cool down. Use it to baste the ribs.
17. For the Jasmine rice: In a pan, add the rice and rinse. Add the salt to it.
18. Pour water so that when you place your palm above the rice the water reaches half way to your knuckles as shown in the video.
19. On high heat, cover and bring it to a boil.
20. When it is boiling, remove the lid and give it a stir. Reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
21. Once done, set aside with the cover on.
22. After a while, season the rice with salt and pepper, add the chopped chives and sesame seeds.
23. For the peach salsa: Dice the peach and the vegetables into small dices.
24. Squeeze in the lime and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
25. Drizzle in the honey and stir gently to mix everything together.
26. Sprinkle cilantro leaves and mix it in.
27. Slice the baby back ribs and serve them alongside the jasmine rice and peach salsa.