- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baba Ghanoush Recipe Video
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), divided|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green chili||1 (Optional)|
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 111.4 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 38.1%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mark the eggplant with a knife and insert 2 garlic cloves. Place in a baking dish and broil in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
2. Take out the eggplant and let it cool for 40 – 45 minutes and remove the skin. Slice into small cubes and set aside.
3. In a blender, add in the remaining garlic, lemon juice, cumin powder, coriander powder, tahini and chili powder. Blend well until smooth.
4. Add in the eggplant in small batches and blend until everything is well incorporated and smooth.
5. Serve Baba Ghanoush with pita bread.
You can also mark the eggplant with a knife and wrap in an aluminum foil. Broil in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
Eggplant can be roasted on stove.