- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baba Ghannouj Eggplant Dip Recipe
|Eggplants||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 Pieces)|
|Sesame tahini||5 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||3 Large|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 348
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g63.9%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1020.5 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 31.2 g124.8%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 22 g44.9%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 144%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â° F.
2) Line a baking pan with foil and brush lightly with the oil.
3) On the prepared baking pan, place the eggplant and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until very soft.
4) Allow to slightly cool, peel off the skin and cut the pulp into 2-inch pieces.
5) In a food processor with a metal blade, process the garlic cloves until finely minced.
6) Add the eggplant pieces and process until smooth.
7) Add tahini, salt and lemon juice and process until well blended.
8) In a small bowl, pour the dip, garnish with parsley,
surround with tomato wedges and serve immediately.