- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baba Ganouche with Green Salad Recipe Video
|Eggplant||2 Small, cut in half|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.3 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.6%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Cut the eggplant in half, place on baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes – until soft.
3) Remove from the oven, let cool, and scoop out flesh, discarding skin.
4) Mash the eggplant until smooth.
5) Add the tahini, the garlic, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and the cumin and mix well.
6)Season with salt, taste, and add more tahini and/or lemon juice, to suit your taste.
7) Drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with parsley and olives if desired.
8) Serve with chopped vegetables, rice crackers or pita bread.