- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baba Ganouche with Crackers and Salad Recipe Video
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Pita bread rounds||4 Small|
|Crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sunflower seed||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 580.8 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the eggplants in half and place it on a baking sheet.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
4. Once done remove and let it cool, scoop out the flesh using spoon, discard the skin.
5. Mash the eggplant with a fork until smooth.
6. Add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice and the cumin and mix well. Season with salt to taste, and add more tahini, lemon juice, to taste.
7. Drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with parsley, olives and sun flower seeds.
8. Serve with baba ganouche with rice crackers or pita bread.