- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bearnaise Sauce Recipe
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon, freshly chopped (Little Required)|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.3%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 431.1 mg
Sodium 292.3 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 30.2%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Finely chop the shallot.
2) In a small saucepan, place the tarragon, a generous seasoning of pepper, chopped shallot and vinegar.
3) Heat the pan gently until vinegar is boiled away, but take care not to burn shallots.
4) Add water to the hot pan and then the egg yolks.
5) Over gentle heat, whisk the egg yolks until the mixture is frothy and thick.
6) Remove the pan from heat and add the melted butter.
7) Season the sauce with salt as per taste and add lemon juice and chopped parsley.
8) If desired, the pan containing the sauce can be kept on a large roasting tin with simmering water to keep the sauce warm until served.
9) Serve this sauce as a steak accompaniment.