- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Azalea Burrito Recipe
|Venison/Lean beef||2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Dry red wine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated asiago cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|8 inch flour tortillas||8|
Calories 1176 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.5%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.3 mg
Sodium 891.3 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 35.1 g
Protein 63 g125.9%
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 47%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a meat board, slice the meat into thin strips.
2. In a large skillet,
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil over a medium flame
4. Brown the venison strips in the oil by sautéing. Remove and set aside.
5. Heating the remaining oil in pan, add onions and garlic and sauté until onions become soft and transparent.
6. Pour in the red wine and add brown sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced to 3/4.
7. Take pan off the heat and stir in cilantro, cumin, cheese, chopped tomatoes and venison.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Spoon the stuffing over 8 tortillas.
10. Roll tortillas like a burrito and serve soft or toast under a broiler and serve warm.