- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ayrshire Cheddar Spread Recipe
|Cheddar cheese/Other medium sharp, firm cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated (at room temperature)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened|
|Whisky||3 Tablespoon (Johnnie Walker Red)|
|Chopped chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Assorted crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for serving)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1579 Calories from Fat 1017
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177.6%
Saturated Fat 64.3 g321.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 331.7 mg
Sodium 2260.9 mg94.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 62 g123.7%
Vitamin A 75.7% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 172.8% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine the grated Cheddar and cream cheese.
2. Beat or blend the mixture until smooth and creamy.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight for flavors to blend and to chill well before serving.
7. Serve the Ayrshire Cheddar Spread with assorted crackers , rye-crisps or dark bread as an appetizer at a cocktail party.