- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Awesome Raw Baba Ganoush Recipe Video
|Lemon||1 Medium, juiced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 106.6 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.1%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the eggplants and slice them thickly.
2. Place them in an air tight container and freeze it overnight.
3. Remove from freezer and defrost it for around an hour till it becomes soft again.
4. In a food processor place the defrosted eggplant slices.
5. Add lemon juice, garlic, parsley, green onion and tahini paste. Blend till coarsely smooth.
6. Season with salt and adjust the taste by adding more lemon juice if required.
7. Pour olive oil and resume blending for a few more seconds to combine all.
8. In a serving plate or bowl, serve the Baba Ganoush garnished with cilantro or green onions and nuts if desired.