- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado Serving QuickTip Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 196.9 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Use a sharp knife, cut the avocado until the knife hits the pith, and roll the avocado.
2. Pull both the sides of avocado to split in half.
3. Hit the knife on the pith and twist to remove the pith.
4. Push a spoon between the flesh and skin of avocado and turn to scoop out the flesh.
5. In a serving plate, place the avocado flesh, sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil.
6. Mash coarsely with a fork and fold to mix.
7. Serve with fried egg or with corn chips if desired.