- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado Watercress Ring Recipe
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce|
|Mashed avocado||3 Cup (48 tbs) (About 3 Avocados)|
|Lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, cooked, peeled and deveined|
|Sliced raw mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|French dressing||To Taste|
|Crushed tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.4%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.9 mg
Sodium 482 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 23 g46.3%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 37.5%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine the mashed avocado, lime juice and salt.
3. Mash the cheese with the back of a wooden spoon. Gradually blend in the avocado mixture and milk.
4. Soften the gelatin in water five minutes, then dissolve it over boiling water.
5. Meanwhile, chop the watercress stems into one-eighth-inch lengths. Add to the avocado mixture. Save the leaves for garnish.
6. Add the dissolved gelatin to the avocado mixture. Mix well. Turn into an oiled six-cup ring mold. Chill.
7. Combine the shrimp and mushrooms with the French dressing and tarragon. Mix well and chill.
8. To serve, unmold the avocado ring on a serving plate. Fill the center with marinated shrimp and mushrooms and garnish with watercress.